Another newbie terrorising the streets

Welcome to the board. Read this first before posting on the board. Problems with the forum, try here for help.

Another newbie terrorising the streets

Postby njb73 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:10 am

Hello everyone,

My name is Nick and i live up in the Banff/Macduff area of the world. I am a newbie cyclist who is looking at getting into Duathlons / Cyclocross and a bit of road racing.....
I have my bike...I have the kit to go....and loads of roads to practice on... but i seem to be in cycle club blackspot where i am and would like to get involved with other cyclists with similar interests to go on training runs, go to events and generally enjoy the great outdoors....Oh yes.... and to try and lose a bit of the spare tyre that won't wear down....

I work offshore but hope to come down to some of the club meetings and events and get involved and help out if i can...

If there is anybody that lives close to me or anybody happening by my area, please feel free to give me a shout and we could arrange something.....
njb73
Fisher Price Trike

Re: Another newbie terrorising the streets

Postby Nick_H » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:17 am

Nick,
Welcome to the forum and to cycling in general.

You may have spotted that the club has a regular Sunday am run. Quite a few folk from outwith Ellon stick the bike in the car and meet up with more local riders at the car park adjacent to the swimming pool; you are welcome to join us any time you are on shore.

There are other riders in the club that work offshore; you may find that your field break times align and you might be able to get some midweek riding done. Try a post on the forum and see who responds.

Finally, there is a duathlon at Methlick on November 4th. A level 5k run followed by a rolling 18k bike ride and a short 3k run to finish. There are usually a handful of club members who take part each year.

Nick H.
Nick_H

Re: Another newbie terrorising the streets

Postby njb73 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:12 am

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the welcome. Yes i would very much like to come down and join in on a Sunday, and the Methlick Duathlon sounds great, unfortunately dont get back til 5 days after it. Which is pretty much summing up my whole summer really.

I will take your advice and post on the forum and hopefully meet up with people around the area. I don't mind travelling to new places and setting out for a ride either.

Nick B.
njb73
Fisher Price Trike

Return to Info and Announcements