Newbie, but not really - hello...

Welcome to the board. Read this first before posting on the board. Problems with the forum, try here for help.

Newbie, but not really - hello...

Postby Jam_s160 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:37 pm

Hello all, as some of you already know I’m a blast from the past which has surfaced to join Ythan CC again. It’s been over 14yrs and its fantastic to see the club going so strong with some impressive talent onboard competing right at the top of our sport.

I thought I would say a small hello online... sign myself up and join in the random banter.

Hopefully I will regain my fitness over the year to once again dabble in a little bit of racing next year. But 4-5yrs of little or no cycling since doing LEJOG has left me somewhat heavier and unfit. A little bit of effort will sort that out though.

Having spent the last 12yrs living / working in Europe with my wife Georgie, we are now residing back in Methlick with our 4yr daughter Emily.

I look forward to meeting the new faces and also saying hello to the original 90’s club members... and yes I have many historical photos to have a giggle at too.

Warm regards from a happy to be back
James

PS - how do you upload photos to this forum? do i need to add the link from a flicker account for example?
Jam_s160
Fisher Price Trike

Re: Newbie, but not really - hello...

Postby megamouth » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:32 pm

Welcome back James. We'll have to do a deal on old photos to save on any mutual embarassement!! I'm sure I remember it being 'your round' at the time you left too :lol:
megamouth
Maillot Vert

Postby Jam_s160 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:21 pm

megamouth wrote:Welcome back James. We'll have to do a deal on old photos to save on any mutual embarassement!! I'm sure I remember it being 'your round' at the time you left too :lol:

probably true regarding the beer... I was not known as the student paracite for nothing you know :lol:
Jam_s160
Fisher Price Trike

Postby Fiona Fudge » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:17 pm

Hi James, welcome back!

I'm glad to hear you are back on your bike. What about Georgie??.. Can we persuade her to have a pedal too?

Fiona
Fiona Fudge
Maillot Vert

Postby Jam_s160 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:24 pm

Fiona Fudge wrote:Hi James, welcome back!

I'm glad to hear you are back on your bike. What about Georgie??.. Can we persuade her to have a pedal too?

Fiona

Hi Fiona, yes it was time to drag myself back and see if my legs are what they used to be... Georgie is carrying another large bump (baby due in mid August so not long). There after I'm sure she will find the urge to get back on the bike eventually. She loved cycling Lands End to John O Groats and since enjoyed pedalling around when time permits. I wanted her to try racing after lejog BUT Georgie completely hates the thought of power bars, sports drinks & bananas etc having made her eat them covering a 100 miles a day for 10 days. Even though its a cheaper sport than those funny 4 legged horses. (well sort of) her preference is still horses any day.

Very impressed with your achievements on the bike, huge congrats and hats off to all the effort... Georgie and I will be looking out for you both & GB team too. Looking forward to any updates as things progress...
Jam_s160
Fisher Price Trike

Return to Info and Announcements