Hi everyone

Welcome to the board. Read this first before posting on the board. Problems with the forum, try here for help.

Hi everyone

Postby Graham Gilmour » Thu May 31, 2012 4:29 pm

Hi folks , i've been asked to introduce myself to the forum , so basically i'm a 42 year old tree surgeon from Kingswells who has developed a passion for WATCHING cycling especially the grand tours . I went along to Cyclefest last weekend to meet one of my sporting idols , Graeme Obree whom i have known all my life as we grew up in the same area of Ayrshire . It is only until fairly recently i have started to fully appreciate his monumental achievements and i have to say , there is an old saying that you should never meet your idols but i think an exception can be made with Graeme .
I thoroughly enjoyed the racing last week and left wanting to find out where and how i can see more of this hence finding this website .
As a complete ' newbie ' who will no doubt post some strange and exotic questions can i ask you to be gentle :D
Cheers , Graham
Graham Gilmour
Fisher Price Trike

Re: Hi everyone

Postby Colin A » Thu May 31, 2012 6:28 pm

Welcome Graham,

First issue as a newbie, we already have a Graham G. You will have to change your name ;) cyclists are generally pretty thick and can't cope with more than one GG at a time. :lol:

Glad you enjoyed the Cyclefest. I've spoken to Graeme a few times now and a nicer bloke you couldn't meet.
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Postby Graham Gilmour » Thu May 31, 2012 6:40 pm

oops sorry didnt chek the members list first :oops: Searched the users control panel for a link to change my user name but cant seem to find anything. I'm pretty useless on computers so if someone could be so kind to point me in the right direction ? Cheers
Graham Gilmour
Fisher Price Trike

Postby Colin A » Thu May 31, 2012 9:51 pm

Don't worry about it. Your more than welcome to use any name you want. :D
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Postby Andy D » Thu May 31, 2012 9:56 pm

Tadaahhh, I HAVE THE POWER, Graham G you are now Graham Gilmour, please feel free to PM me if you want this altered to another user name - like 'Lance Obree' or 'Frenk Schlack' or something.

Welcome to the forum.
Andy D
Maillot Jaune

Postby Colin A » Thu May 31, 2012 10:02 pm

was there not a song by the Members (The group - not YCC members) about Graham Gilmore?
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Postby Graham Gilmour » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:54 pm

Too young Colin to remember them :lol:
Graham Gilmour
Fisher Price Trike

Postby Colin A » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:01 pm

Graham,

More local racing coming up - Youth cit races in the centre of Ellon on the 26th of August

Col
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Return to Info and Announcements