Aberdeenshire Sports Council

AGM info, nights oot etc

Aberdeenshire Sports Council

Postby Colin A » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:44 am

As some of you are aware I will be working away from home a fair bit during the week over the next two years. The FEED and detailed Engineering for my project is being carried out by a company in Newcastle. I should be able to manage committee meetings on Mondays so I can continue as Chairman (if you want to keep me). However over the last few months I seem to have become involved with Aberdeenshire Sports Council. The Sports council look at grant applications for clubs, individuals and coaches throughout Aberdeenshire. I will have to give up the post on their committee which is a pity because I feel it really needed a cycling representative and it helped Ythan get some funding this year (money for new stopwatches and £250 to help us set up the QL section).

So I am asking if anyone is interested in taking my place on the committee. The meetings are every 2-3 months and you will get invited to sports network evenings etc. It's a rewarding post and it can give Ythan an insight on what facilities and opportunities are available in Aberdeenshire.

Anyone?
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Re: Aberdeenshire Sports Council

Postby Colin A » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:29 am

Malcolm Grant is taking up this post which will keep us informed about the goings on in Aberdeenshire Sport, give us some good networking opportunities and be able to give us an inside route to any grants that are available for our coaches, athletes and general club development.

Thanks for picking this up Malcolm.
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Re: Aberdeenshire Sports Council

Postby megamouth » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:24 pm

That's twa ev mi pals and my colleague on the cooncil now - must be good!
megamouth
Maillot Vert

Return to Club News