Deveron CC Obree Evening

General chit chat

Deveron CC Obree Evening

Postby Carol » Mon May 12, 2014 10:38 pm

Hi,

Firstly apologies for dropping an email on you without prior notice but I picked your contact details up from recent emails relating to the planned meetings later this month.

I thought I would share details of an event that Deveron Cycling Club have arranged for Friday 27th June. Please feel free to share with other clubs or your club members if appropriate, tickets are sold on a first come first served basis with the cost per ticket being £13 which includes stovies and tea/coffee. If any of your members are interested, they should contact me by email or phone and I can make arrangements for tickets payment/collection.

Details
Deveron Cycling Club is delighted to announce that the legendary Flying Scotsman, Graeme Obree, is coming to Banff on Friday 27th June to tell about his life in cycling. The event will be held in the Harvest Centre, Castle Street, Banff and will begin at 7.30pm. All profits will go to the R.N.L.I. Demand for tickets is expected to be high, so please secure your ticket early.

Graeme has twice held the world 1 hour record on a bike (1993 - 51.596km and 1994 - 52.713km)and has twice been the world 4000m pursuit champion, in 1993 and 1995. He is known for his unusual and controversial riding positions and for the ‘Old Faithful’ bicycle he built with parts from a washing machine. His life has been dramatised in the film ‘The Flying Scotsman’.

Feel free to get in touch if you have any queries

Thanks,

Ian Hendry
Secretary
Deveron Cycling Club
07400 555055
email: hendryic@btopenworld.com
Carol
Maillot Jaune

Re: Deveron CC Obree Evening

Postby Carol » Sun May 25, 2014 5:21 pm

Anyone else keen on this before I put my ticket order in??
Carol
Maillot Jaune

Postby ScottG » Mon May 26, 2014 8:28 pm

Tempted.

Anyone else? Not often you get to hear the views of such an interesting cycling mind.
ScottG
Maillot Vert

Postby Carol » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:07 am

Thoroughly enjoyable evening on Friday hosted by Deveron CC. Graeme took to the stage and talked for for around an hour, stoive break, followed by a question and answer...excellent. Full house , lots of ythanites and kent faces from Elgin, Moray and Rosshire.
Carol
Maillot Jaune

Return to Chinwag