Help!!! Facebook hacked???

General chit chat

Help!!! Facebook hacked???

Postby megamouth » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:04 pm

Had to put in my facebook password a few days ago when logging in to it. Usually 'windows' just remembers it, so I was a wee bit surprised, but the page looked genuine. However, when I try and log in now from any computer, all I get is a blank page. both on 'timeline' and 'home' although 'find friends' still comes up. I can't even get in to it far enough to 'report it' and I don't think 'facebook' responds to individual reports anyway. If anyone has previous similar experience or any ideas about the best way to proceed I'd be gratefull for the benefit of their wisdom. Ta.
megamouth
Maillot Vert

Re: Help!!! Facebook hacked???

Postby goldring81 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:20 pm

Have you tried clearing the cache? or the browser history? that has worked for me when I have had similar problems with other websites.
goldring81
Fisher Price Trike

Postby Colin A » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:01 pm

Paul,

Don't fret it Paul

I'm sure Yvonne doesn't think your face look is hacked :D
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Postby megamouth » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:32 pm

Ta Brian. It's actually the same no matter which computer I try and log in from though, and my own laptop is set to detele cookies etc every time I log off. I spoke to 'talktalk' who I have my email account with yesterday and the (Indian?) gentleman I spoke to said it didn't look as if I had an email account with them at all, so it looks to me as if there is a pretty sophisticated scam of some sort going on. Regarding facebook, other people can see my 'timeline' page and post on it, but I can't see it or the home page.

Ta Col, but wrong I'm afraid. Yvonne says that the grin on my face after the rugby yesterday that it definitely looks hacked.
megamouth
Maillot Vert

Postby Bondie » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:13 pm

Paul,
Doesn't sound to me like your facebook account has been hacked. Are you positive this is the only website affected?
I think they'd either be posting stuff by now or They wouldn't want you to know they'd hacked your account cause then they can gather more info about you.
I'm assuming your using Internet Explorer, I think that you've most likely had an update on Internet Explorer sent to your computer, and this update doesn't like the version of shockwave or Adobe Flash that you're using on your computer.
So, as a trial I would download either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox and install them on your computer to see if things look ok when using them. If this works then you can either make them your default browser or look to update flash and shockwave.
If it still doesn't work with either browser, look for any errors at the bottom left of the Window, hopefully these will help you diagnose your problem further.
You may also have to update your Video Driver, but this is normally apparent in games rather than IE and 3 PC's at once, makes me doubt this?
Bondie
Grifter

Postby megamouth » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:39 pm

Thanks Alan, I'll give it a shot. I'd presumed that since I have the same results on two different laptops on two different systems (home and work), and my email account is the 'user name' to log into facebook and both 'went off'' after having unexpectedly being requested for my password to get into facebook that there was some sophisticated scam going on - but then I grew up with paranoia :D I'll let you know what happens, Ta.
megamouth
Maillot Vert

Return to Chinwag