Banchory Cycles

General chit chat

Banchory Cycles

Postby vekur2001 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:23 pm

I have been very lucky to have received excellent service from my local bike shop, Holburn Cycles, on a regular basis. However, having had my front mech fail on me this morning whilst out Banchory way, I feel I owe it to the staff at Banchory Cycles to share my experience. So, I went in, thinking it was a long shot to get a hold of a new, band on (34.9mm), front, 10 speed Shimano mech. However, not only did the shop have a replacement mech but the father and son team working did their very best for about 30 mins (with no charge) trying to get my failed mech to work, in order to save me the cost of the new one. They then fitted the replacement mech, again refusing to charge for their labour. In short, they could not have been more helpful - this all without any advance booking and whilst seeing to other customers also.

The service was excellent, the workshop was tidy and the shop was really well stocked with all sorts of fancy looking road stuff. I can't recommend it highly enough.
Last edited by vekur2001 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vekur2001
Grifter

Re: Banchory Cycles

Postby skeener » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:53 pm

Veli they helped me at the begining of the year when my seatpin clamp bolt failed,got me going with no charge, as you say really helpful father and son in the shop.
skeener
Stabalizers

Postby Colin A » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:22 pm

The net is usually full of negative stuff so its good to hear of some good service.
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Postby wardy » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:36 pm

I hope you paid them anyway. How else are they supposed to make a living!

:D
wardy
Grifter

Return to Chinwag