TDF

General chit chat

TDF

Postby Colin A » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:50 pm

Just back from an amazing weekend at le tour. Some early starts but Robbie and I enjoyed every minute of it. Missed out on the Sky party at the Ritz (felt a bit of a blagger TBH) but Andy B went and he has some great tales to tell (but only if you ply him with enough alcohol) . He even ended up in the Sky death star going round Paris as they picked up more champagne.

I didn't get to meet any of the riders as they were all to heavily guarded but met a lot of the management team. A great bunch, focused and determined yet friendly and approachable. Thanks for taking the time to speak to us Dave, Shane, Sean, Fran and Rob.

On Saturday we walked along the final Km of the TT before hanging at the Sky camp as the final riders came in. (Got to tell you about how I put a dent in a tour Skoda :o

On Sunday we were in a Grandstand about 200m before the finish line. Great seats and a fantastic view and giant screen for the bits we couldn't see.

The French around us were astounded that Brad was leading out Cav on the last lap. and their astonishment turned to bemusement as Brad did his winning speech ("we're no going to have the raffle" :lol: :lol: ) and then amusement as Lesley Garrett belted out the national Anthem.

One of the best sporting weekends of my life. Thanks

Andy B
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Re: TDF

Postby Jam_s160 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:38 pm

Lucky buggers... Glad you enjoyed... A moment of history to remember... Any photos to add?
Jam_s160
Fisher Price Trike

Return to Chinwag