ADCA Road Race Comm Needed

General chit chat

ADCA Road Race Comm Needed

Postby Andy D » Wed May 16, 2012 11:47 am

Folks,

Neil Kinninmonth cannot make the ADCA Road Race on 24/05/2012 and he is down as assistant Commissaire.

He has sought a replacement but no-one has obliged. I have actually entered the race and have opted not to Comm Road Races thus far but as it stands, I am going to have to withdraw from the race to replace Neil, unless someone else is prepared to step into the breach.

Given that I hoped to have raced and frankly dinna ken what I am doing as Comm at a Road Race (I don't know who Comm 1 is in this case) I am hoping someone else will help Neil out.

He stepped in for me to allow me to go down to Manchester to visit Fiona when I was pencilled in as the Neish Low Comm, so I am owe him one, I just hoped I wouldn't be owe him this one!!

Any volunteers?

Cheers,
Andy D
Andy D
Maillot Jaune

Re: ADCA Road Race Comm Needed

Postby megamouth » Thu May 17, 2012 1:18 pm

I'm comm 1 Andy. I spoke to Yvonne about her doing it, but she's not too confident having only done one road race (with me as her driver) and that a long time ago now. I'd hope someone else comes forward so you can race and Yvonne doesn't get too stressed ( I do have to live with her!!). However, if no one does, I'll discuss it with her again.
megamouth
Maillot Vert

Postby Andy D » Thu May 17, 2012 3:13 pm

Yvonne has Commissaired one more road race than me then!!

I am non too confident about it eaither (I know the rules and ridden a few races and driven a few cars in the events but no Comm experience for bunch races thus far)

I have told Neil I will do it if no-one else will step in. If the Winter dreamteam come together then, that would be good!
Andy D
Maillot Jaune

Postby colinS » Fri May 18, 2012 10:05 am

Andy,

I am not trained to be a comm, but can shout at folk when they stray accross the White lines and can give folk a mouthfull if I see them hanging onto a car etc..
If that suffices, I can do the job :?:

Colin Sim
The wheel in front belongs to you - Don't lose it!
colinS
Maillot Vert

Postby Andy D » Fri May 18, 2012 12:54 pm

Sounds like you are an ideal candidate to be trained up to that officially!!

Keep an eye out for the next Comms Course run by BCF/SCU, we need more Comms!
Andy D
Maillot Jaune

Return to Chinwag