29th June

Find the results of the confined races and points updates here.

Re: 29th June

Postby davidimison » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:17 pm

Is there any chance someone can explain exactly how the points system works giving details of how points are credited and how many in each instance. Ta :?
davidimison
Fisher Price Trike

Postby Carol » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:04 pm

......not sure, still trying to work it out, if you ride you get 1 for starting and 1 for finishing. Graham G got 2 last night for finishing without starting :? and Fiona got zilch for doing both, so I presume Sean got the handicap points but has yet to get his name on the table. Totally Baffling. :)
Carol
Maillot Jaune

Postby John Hunter » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:27 pm

Colin works it all out so he wins, altho last year he didnt win.

You get 1 for starting, 1 for finishing, 1 for each 30 secs you improve, 1 for the handicap and 1 for the outright winner.

2 for marshalling / helping

Thats my fastest time this season, cant remember my PB for the course from last, Colin? any ideas?
"no longer the wrong bike, no longer almost the right bike, now the right bike!!"
John Hunter
Maillot Jaune

Postby John Hunter » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:06 pm

ta Col
I Dont remember doing the Ythanbank last year as a confined.... Must have been the normal 10 on a good night... Id settle for that time now

ta
"no longer the wrong bike, no longer almost the right bike, now the right bike!!"
John Hunter
Maillot Jaune

Postby Andy D » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:44 pm

It is just (meant to be) a bit of fun?!

I gave up trying to win it when I got credited with 25.19 about 4 times in a row a few years back, even when my computer gave me a faster time on about 3 out of 4 of these - if I had scored the points from those improvements I would have won the series by about 6 points?! In any case I got a bit of fake marble with some plastic glued onto it for 4th overall or something - happy days!

It is race practice as far as I am concerned but I really canna stand that course, there's a feckin' big Alpe a mile into it and several 4th cat climbs all over the rest of it - I hate it.

Never dropped below high 20's to 30+ mph on all the rest of it last night but scraped and grovelled over every lump and bump - of which there are many.

Can we move the confined to Cambusbarron? or Holland.
Andy D
Maillot Jaune

Postby Sean » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:04 am

Aye, given that I am not a member of Ythan, and ineligble for the competition, it would be pointless to give me points :P
Sean
Raleigh Banana

Previous

Return to Confineds