6th April

Find the results of the confined races and points updates here.

Re: 6th April

Postby Colin A » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:50 pm

I've got the spreadsheet. I haven't worked out the averages yet.

Weather here is clearing up (stopped raining, it's dry and with the smooth new surface I can't see why John couldn't smash his PB along with everyone else.
May I remind you of that scene
with your arms aloft in Aberdeen
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Postby John Hunter » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:41 pm

without knowing what it is..... not so easy.... still Ill aim for a 19:30 ish and see how it goes.... :lol:
"no longer the wrong bike, no longer almost the right bike, now the right bike!!"
John Hunter
Maillot Jaune

Postby Colin A » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:11 pm

Know what it is will only fill your brain with pre-conceived limitations. Just get to the start and let your mind and body fly. 8-)
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Postby John Hunter » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:39 pm

great turn out tonight, lets hope we keep a good crowd thru the season!

Dave Mac should be docked 3 minutes for sandbagging as no way was that a 'representative' time

Doesnt he know the only way to win the trophy is to do the first half of the season on a heavy bike, then buy a new one and knock 3 mins off your time.....

Well done all, a windy night and we all felt it.
"no longer the wrong bike, no longer almost the right bike, now the right bike!!"
John Hunter
Maillot Jaune

Postby dave mac » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:15 pm

Now now Mr Hunter I did try honest :cry:

Seem to remember the first one last year had a similar result.

First outing on the tt bike this year, perhaps I should have trained on it a bit more, anyway great to get going again. :D
dave mac
Maillot Vert

Postby malcolm » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:46 pm

Thanks to all the helpers, cool to see so many folk out on a cold and windy evening in April

That was a bit nippy on the legs after racing yesterday but it was worth it to hit 41mph downhill towards the bridge on the way back. Bit of a struggle to hold the front of the bike on a few bits due to the wind.

Great times by Bill and Steve in those conditions, hopefully Bill and John can have a crack at a PBs at Levens.
malcolm
Maillot Jaune

Postby Carol » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:08 pm

Heaps of Wannabee turn marshalls, riders, timekeeper, bag hudders, photographers and even a hudder upper all on our first confined of the season. Great turnout tonight from everyone. Pity about my time but hey its easier and cheaper to win a trophy being a sandbagger early on the season than buy a new bike :) Cracking time tonight Bill, looking good for South of the border. Keep us posted.
Last edited by Carol on Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carol
Maillot Jaune

Postby Colin A » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:20 pm

nobody's mentioned the new banner though :(
Colin A
Maillot Jaune

Postby Bill » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:46 pm

Colin, it was a very nice poster, good effort, I was surprised to see it there, and impressed that it even crossed the road whilst we were all out on the course.

Good to see so many people down tonight, I expected about 7 or 8 hardy souls so 20 plus and all the helpers was brilliant. Once the sun shines we will be having to up the insurance.

Well done to all the new riders racing for the first time, hope the conditions didn't put anyone off.

And welcome back Jeanette, you were missed ;) The Ythan sportive 2010 is already in the early planning stages :)
Bill
Maillot Vert

Postby John Hunter » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:33 am

Col, the wee sign was the last to leave the start and the first back at the finish.....

Lets hope some more people see the sign and come out for a wee trundle in the countryside.
John Hunter
Maillot Jaune

PreviousNext

Return to Confineds